Sunday 14 April 2013

A Beautiful Blend

This week collaboration ruled. I'm determined to make our iPad pilot project a success next year, so I'm learning and doing all I can to ensure that vision becomes reality, including trying out all kinds of stuff with our class (backchannel anyone?). I've traded and tested ideas and questions with someone in almost every role in the school this week: technicians, teachers, administrators, students, parents, support staff. It's an impressive list really.

What did I learn? A group made up of different people with different talents and perspectives who can disagree about plenty but who also have a common goal will create something great. In fact, they will be more likely to create something great than any individual because, together, they possess more talent and experience than any one person (as long as they find ways to work together). This idea isn't new to me, but this week I got my hands very dirty, working with so many people, and I learned about collaboration in a deeper way than ever before. Thanks for being part of the blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment